An appropriate qualification is available from the Open Polytechic. This is the National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) (Level 4)
This qualification is taught as one course, but you can enrol in the individual unit standards if you prefer.
This qualification is made up of 11 unit standard based courses
- What the course covers:
- The real estate industry in New Zealand and how it works
- Land ownership, transfer of ownership, titles and council zoning
- Inspection, appraisal, and sale and purchase agreements
- How to facilitate the sale of real estate, including auction and tender methods
- Property, contract and building law and the legal constraints of operating as a real estate salesperson
- Misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation
- The Real Estate Agents Act 2008, including licensing and the code of professional conduct.
Total course cost is $1,401 (Including GST of $182.74)
You can get more information and forms from The Open Polytechnic site.
This page has links for the following
Get the Open Polytechnic Real Estate Brochure Format: pdf | Size: 792 KB
Get the Open Polytechnic Enrolment Guide| Format: pdf | Size: 239 KB
Get the Open Polytechnic Application for Enrolment | Format: pdf | Size: 163 KB
Once you have completed all the units in your course you must apply to New Zealand Qualifications Authority to issue your National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson).
Then you need to apply to the Real Estate Agents Authority for your real estate salesperson's licence, sending a certified copy of the Certificate together with other application papers. See the next page.
This site is updated regularly, and every effort is made to ensure that the information is correct. We do not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions that may occur.
All amounts expressed are in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$) unless otherwise stated.